An elegant, fine loop texture handwoven from 100% natural, undyed wool offers practicality, style and warmth.
Stock size rugs: 200 x 300cm, 300 x 400cm
Pile material: 100% undyed wool
Gross pile weight: 2400g/m²
Moth guarantee: 5 years
Suitable for: Bedroom, living room, dining room, hall, stairs, landing, home office with castor mat
Bespoke: Rugs hand-sewn, wide blind-hemmed, bordered or whipped
Order, Fit & Care
We recommend viewing a physical sample before ordering, as most screens do not show true colors. As with all natural fibres, a slight color variation is possible.
Size tolerance, hand-woven rug sizes may vary by up to +/-2.5%. For inset locations order oversized broadloom and cut in on site.
A quality underlay beneath your rug will eradicate slippage and can reduce wear. Jacaranda offers non-slip rug underlay suitable for rugs laid over carpets or hard floors.
Please vacuum your newly fitted carpet or rug frequently, some initial fibre loss or ‘shedding’ is normal but will not affect the appearance or performance, and soon stops with frequent vacuuming.
Please continue to vacuum regularly throughout the life of your floorcovering. Vacuum carpets or rugs with the beater bar turned off.
To lengthen life:
- Place barrier mats by doors but clean them often
- Use castor mats under all castor chairs
- Add furniture cups under the legs of furniture
- Lay non-slip underlay under all rugs and rotate rugs regularly to spread wear
- Buy a Jacaranda Emergency Spot Cleaning Kit with your carpet or rug, to have ready for accidents.
Spills and stains
Like most fabrics, carpets & rugs, will stain from spills of everyday liquids like coffee or red wine. The key is to act quickly.
- Pick up any solids using a spoon or blunt knife
- Blot up liquid gently with plain, white, absorbent paper such as kitchen towel. Continue, changing paper regularly, until it comes back dry
- Add cold water and gently blot dry as above
- Use Jacaranda’s emergency spot cleaning kit
- Call a professional carpet cleaner if the stain remains.
- Rub or scrub which can ‘burst’ the pile surface causing permanent damage
- Use home steam cleaners
- Use home cleaning chemicals which may set the stain, damage the pile, or leave a sticky residue prone to re-soiling
When your carpet or rug needs stain removal or a deep clean, you should contact a carpet cleaning specialist. For your guidance, professional cleaners should recommend either a dry compound or hot water extraction cleaning method. For dry compound cleaning the floorcovering will be sprinkled with cleaning granules, allowed to dry before being vacuumed up. Wet extraction uses a specialist machine to spray the carpet with water and cleaning products whilst simultaneously vacuuming to remove stains and dislodge any stubborn debris. They should not use steam or bonnet cleaning methods on our carpets and rugs.
Cleaning often takes place on site however they may recommend taking rugs off site to be cleaned. Please note we would not recommend rugs baths where the rug is fully submerged in water.
These won’t make carpets invincible, prompt removal of spills is still key, but treatments should buy time and make stains easier for professionals to remove. Stain treatments should always be applied by professionals. Moth and stain protection should be reapplied after every deep clean.