Totally bespoke, totally unique, beautiful quality. Hand-tufting is quicker than knotting, and creates smart, tough, contract rated floorcoverings made to measure in custom designs and colours. Skilled operatives use handheld ‘tufters’ to punch New Zealand wool, silk or TENCEL™ tufts through a cotton mesh with the design printed on it. The rugs are backed with latex and a secondary cotton backing.
Please contact Jacaranda for any bespoke rug projects that could be hand-tufted.
How to order
All bespoke commissions for hand-tufted, are coordinated by Jacaranda’s in-house design team using the following:
- Designs. Unique from the customer or an adaption of Jacaranda’s
- Colours. Chosen from Chromatone™ poms or matched to textiles, paint samples or wallpaper
- Dimensions. Please note that rug sizes may vary by up to 2.5%. Inset locations should be ordered over-size and cut in on site
- Samples. To help customers refine their design, we can provide samples to show our the different qualities, knot counts, yarns and carving options
- CAD drawings. Created by Jacaranda for customer approval. Yarn approval may be needed for non-Chromatone colours
- Strike Offs. 27 x 27cm samples are necessary for all commissions that are not a complete copy of a Jacaranda design. These take 6 weeks, are chargeable but refundable with order
- Production normally takes 12 – 14 weeks plus delivery