A chunky characterful boucle texture, hand-woven from 100% renewable wool.
Stocked width: 4 & 5m
Pile material: 100% pure wool
Gross pile weight: 2700g/m²
Tog rating: 2.74
Suitable for: Bedroom, living room, dining room, hall, stairs, landing, home office with castor mat
|Carpet thickness approx||15mm|
|Usage classification EN 1307||Class 23/33: Heavy domestic / heavy contract|
|Comfort rating EN 1307||Class 5|
|Stairs suitability EN 1963||Yes|
|Static electric charge ISO 6356||Anti-static|
|Moth guarantee||5 years|
|Light ISO 105 B02||5|
|Rubbing – dry ISO 105 X12||5|
|Rubbing – wet ISO 105 X12||5|
|Water ISO 105 E01||5|
|Water stains BS EN 15115||5|
|Burning behaviour BS EN 13501-1:2002||Class Bfl-s1|
VOC emissions test results available on application
Order, Fit & Care
We recommend viewing a physical sample before ordering, as most screens do not show true colours.
As with all natural fibres, colours may vary slightly between batches and samples may change over time. For orders where an exact colour match is required, please request a stock cutting.
If joining carpets, please ensure at time of order that you request cuts from the same batch.
Size tolerance, please always order 3% more than is required both on length and width.
Jacaranda’s carpets should always be installed by professionals.
Our high-quality carpets tend to be thick, dense and therefore heavy, so please ensure plenty of labour to move and fit them.
They may be stretched onto grippers over good quality, solid underlay.
They may also be stuck directly to the floor or fitted over underlay using the double stick method.
Please vacuum your newly fitted carpet or rug frequently, some initial fibre loss or ‘shedding’ is normal but will not affect the appearance or performance, and soon stops with frequent vacuuming.
Please continue to vacuum regularly throughout the life of your floorcovering. Vacuum carpets or rugs with the beater bar turned off.
To lengthen life:
- Place barrier mats by doors but clean them often
- Use castor mats under all castor chairs
- Add furniture cups under the legs of furniture
- Lay non-slip underlay under all rugs and rotate rugs regularly to spread wear
- Buy a Jacaranda Emergency Spot Cleaning Kit with your carpet or rug, to have ready for accidents.
Spills and stains
Like most fabrics, carpets & rugs, will stain from spills of everyday liquids like coffee or red wine. The key is to act quickly.
- Pick up any solids using a spoon or blunt knife
- Blot up liquid gently with plain, white, absorbent paper such as kitchen towel. Continue, changing paper regularly, until it comes back dry
- Add cold water and gently blot dry as above
- Use Jacaranda’s emergency spot cleaning kit
- Call a professional carpet cleaner if the stain remains.
- Rub or scrub which can ‘burst’ the pile surface causing permanent damage
- Use home steam cleaners
- Use home cleaning chemicals which may set the stain, damage the pile, or leave a sticky residue prone to re-soiling
When your carpet or rug needs stain removal or a deep clean, you should contact a carpet cleaning specialist. For your guidance, professional cleaners should recommend either a dry compound or hot water extraction cleaning method. For dry compound cleaning the floorcovering will be sprinkled with cleaning granules, allowed to dry before being vacuumed up. Wet extraction uses a specialist machine to spray the carpet with water and cleaning products whilst simultaneously vacuuming to remove stains and dislodge any stubborn debris. They should not use steam or bonnet cleaning methods on our carpets and rugs.
Cleaning often takes place on site however they may recommend taking rugs off site to be cleaned. Please note we would not recommend rugs baths where the rug is fully submerged in water.
These won’t make carpets invincible, prompt removal of spills is still key, but treatments should buy time and make stains easier for professionals to remove. Stain treatments should always be applied by professionals. Moth and stain protection should be reapplied after every deep clean.