Kasia is Jacaranda’s next generation of silky softness, woven by hand from a finer grade TENCEL™ in our trademark neutral palette.
Stock size rugs: 170 x 240cm, 200 x 300cm, 250 x 350cm, 300 x 400cm
Pile material: 100% TENCEL™
Gross pile weight: 3300g/m²
Moth guarantee: Lifetime
Suitable for: Bedroom, living room
Not for: Stairs, heavy traffic, wet areas or entrances
Bespoke: Colour matching no minimum order size. Rugs hand-sewn, blind-hemmed, bordered or whipped
Order, Fit & Care
We recommend viewing a physical sample before ordering, as most screens do not show true colours. As with all natural fibres, a slight colour variation is possible.
Size tolerance, hand-woven rug sizes may vary by up to +/-2.5%. For inset locations order oversized broadloom and cut in on site.
A quality underlay beneath your rug will eradicate slippage and can reduce wear. Jacaranda offers non-slip rug underlay suitable for rugs laid over carpets or hard floors.
Please vacuum your newly fitted carpet or rug frequently, some initial fibre loss or ‘shedding’ is normal but will not affect the appearance or performance, and soon stops with frequent vacuuming.
Please continue to vacuum regularly throughout the life of your floorcovering. Vacuum carpets or rugs with the beater bar turned off, beater bars can be activated occasionally on velvets to lift flattened pile.
To lengthen life:
- Place barrier mats by doors but clean them often
- Use castor mats under all castor chairs
- Add furniture cups under the legs of furniture
- Lay non-slip underlay under all rugs and rotate rugs regularly to spread wear
- Buy a Jacaranda Emergency Spot Cleaning Kit with your carpet or rug, to have ready for accidents.
Spills and stains
Like most fabrics, carpets & rugs, will stain from spills of everyday liquids like coffee or red wine. The key is to act quickly.
- Pick up any solids using a spoon or blunt knife
- Blot up liquid gently with plain, white, absorbent paper such as kitchen towel. Continue, changing paper regularly, until it comes back dry
- Use Jacaranda’s emergency spot cleaning kit
- Call a professional carpet cleaner if the stain remains.
- Rub or scrub which can ‘burst’ the pile surface causing permanent damage
- Add water
- Use home steam cleaners
- Use home cleaning chemicals which may set the stain, damage the pile, or leave a sticky residue prone to re-soiling
When your carpet or rug needs stain removal or a deep clean, you should contact a carpet cleaning specialist. For your guidance, professional cleaners should recommend a dry compound cleaning method, the floorcovering will be sprinkled with cleaning granules and allowed to dry before being vacuumed up. Professional cold water extraction cleaning is possible on stubborn stains however specialist knowledge is essential, and they should clean the entire carpet or rug. Wet extraction uses a specialist machine to spray the carpet with water and cleaning products whilst simultaneously vacuuming to remove stains and dislodge any stubborn debris.
Cleaning often takes place on site however they may recommend taking rugs off site to be cleaned. Please note we would not recommend rugs baths where the rug is fully submerged in water.
These won’t make carpets invincible, prompt removal of spills is still key, but treatments should buy time and make stains easier for professionals to remove. Stain treatments should always be applied by professionals with specialist knowledge of TENCEL™. Moth and stain protection should be reapplied after every deep clean.